Monday, September 9, 2013

College football is the devil & breakfast muffins are yummy.

Hey ya'll! So it's been a couple of days since I've gotten the chance to update. Thankfully, I'm finally finding a little bit of time during my morning at work. This weekend was absolutely terrible when it came to my diet. I've had more terrible days than good days here lately. Seriously. College football is the DEVIL. Once again, I went to my dad's house for the LSU game and binged on some good grilling. I ate like 5 of the little boneless pork pieces stuffed with cream cheese & jalapenos wrapped in bacon. Best appetizer dish ever for a cookout if ya'll are wondering. That doesn't include the cheesy potatoes, boudin, or BBQ'd grilled chicken I stuffed my face with 5 minutes prior. Geez. Welcome to Louisiana ya'll. We keep our bellies full. It's crazy how ONE binge like this can cause you to gain like...5 pounds. UGH. So I'm back at this hardcore dieting again. I gotta drop around 5 more pounds to get back to my lowest I've been on this diet so far. WAHHHHHHHHH. This sucks. REALLY. Hopefully I learned my lesson not to pull that crap again. The saying is true, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Because this fat thing I feel right now....is awful, awful, awful, depressing, stupid, regretful. And I mean, I really don't even know what skinny feels like, but I'm pretty sure it feels better than this overflowing stomach thing I'm experiencing right now. Haha. Ok. Anyway...on to other things. Like selfies from the weekend:


Ok I really dont know why this mirror makes me look skinnier than I really am...but FYI, I really ain't that small ya'll. And I'm sorry that the brightness sucks...I'm currently using an iPhone 4 while my iPhone 5 screen is out of service (until I cough up $230 to get it fixed). So yeah..that's my reasoning for the horrible quality pictures.


I've been in this weird music mood lately where I like all these sad, breakup songs...and right now I'm completely obsessed with the group Passenger, and their song, "Let her Go". It's such a cool song...the lead singer's voice is such a different sound, and I don't even know how to explain it. I guess it sounds like, Indie'ish <-- if that's even a word. Ya'll should definitely go download it and listen to it. Great lyrics. And I'm all about strong lyrics. Especially when they're that relateable. Back to food while i'm jumping from subject to subject. I made some really cool breakfast muffins for the week yesterday that are really yummy. They consist of hashbrowns, eggs, cheese, sausage, salt and pepper. You bake them in a muffin pan, and I made 12. 6 for me and 6 for my little sister. Here's the recipe: Kari's Breakfast Muffins (Serving size: 12 muffins) Ingredients: 6 eggs 1 cup of shredded cheese 2 cups of cooked ground sausage 1/2 TBSP of salt 1/2 TBSP of pepper 3 cups of thawed hash browns 3 TBSP of melted butter 1/2 cup of bell peppers (optional) 1.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 2.) Mix together hashbrowns, butter, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. 3.) Spray muffin pan, if needed. 4.) Put the hashbrown, butter, salt and pepper mixture in the bottom and up the sides of each muffin holder (note: this will not look very uniformed...it doesn't matter, it will all mix together evenly in the end) 5.) Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. 6.) Take out of oven and evenly distribute sausage into all of the muffin pan cups. 7.) Mix together cheese, eggs, and bell peppers (if you used them) 8.) Pour cheese, eggs & pepper mixture over each muffin pan cup. 9.) Turn oven down to 300 degrees, and bake for an additional 15 minutes. 10.) Let cool for 5 minutes, take a knife to make a space around the edges, and pop them out. I keep mine in the fridge for the week in a tupperware, and every morning I take out one, heat it up and have my breakfast :)






No comments:

Post a Comment